Winter- and summerdestination
Melchsee-Frutt is located 1,920m above sea level and belongs to the municipality of Kerns in the canton of Obwalden. The high, sunny plateau has been a climatic health resort since 1865 and fascinates with its scenic beauty set in unspoiled natural surroundings in the Alpine mountain world, complete with idyllic mountain lake.
The peaceful natural landscape offers an ideal environment for relaxation, providing a pleasant contrast to the hectic hustle and bustle of everyday city life. The area around Lake Lucerne offers numerous attractions, historic excursion destinations and cultural events throughout the year.
Highlights in summer
The area between the Bernese Oberland holiday destination of Hasliberg and the central Swiss resort of Engelberg makes Melchsee-Frutt a very popular hiking area. The Hasliberg - Melchsee-Frutt - Engelberg mountain trail is considered one of the great hiking classics. The six-hour “four lakes” trail from Melchsee-Frutt via Tannalp, Engstlenalp, Jochpass and Trübsee along to Engelberg is particularly popular. In the summer, Frutt transforms into one big sea of flowers. The deep blue trout-rich mountain lakes of Melchsee and Tannensee don’t just delight passionate fisherman.
- Adventure hiking trails - grill your food along the way at the numerous fireplaces/barbecues
- Over 100 climbing routes - ideal for families too
- Fishing in the beautiful mountain lakes
- Biking - many routes for families and professionals, guided tours
- Visit the cheese dairy
Highlights in winter
The car-free winter sports region of Melchsee-Frutt stretches from 1,080m to 2,255m above sea level. The deep valley is home to numerous sunny winter hiking trails and cross-country ski runs and is flanked by two skiing areas: Balmeregghorn and Erzegg, which offer wide, sunny slopes as well as the Freestyle park fruttpark.ch. Steeper slopes can be found in Bonistock, spanning over 1000 metres in altitude down to Stöckalp. A "must" for tobogganing fans is the 8-kilometre run to Stöckalp. Children will enjoy the magic carpet and ski carousel Fruttli-Park.
- Skiing and snowboarding: 32 km of blue, red and black slopes, 14 transport mechanisms
- Central Switzerland's largest fun park
- Cross-country circuit offering 15 km of beautifully groomed trails
- Central Switzerland's longest toboggan run
- Snowshoe trekking in an untouched winter landscape
- Ice fishing